Teaching Here

Teaching Here


Neighborhood Highlight

Cost Of Living


Average starting salary is $37,000 - $38,000




University of Florida


Three years

Subjects And Grade Levels

  • Pre-Kindergarten
  • Elementary
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • English
  • Math
  • Physics
  • Spanish
  • Social Studies

Regional Expenses

Monthly Salary

Please enter numbers only

Estimated Monthly Expenses

Please enter numbers only

What's Left Over
Ongoing Certification Costs
You may be able to offset ongoing certification costs with an AmeriCorps education award. Learn more.
One Time Summer Start Up Costs
Estimated Start Up and Certification Costs

Certification Information

Common Certification Questions

Certification can be obtained in three years through Teach For America.

Teach For America is partnering with the University of Florida to provide Corps Members and alum the opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or Curriculum & Instruction. This University partnership will be open to both current corps members and alumni. This will be a cohort based, hybrid program that would combine online coursework and in-person instruction. This program is ideal for those wanting to better their craft as teachers and prepare themselves for future work in the education sector.

The program will start in the Spring (January/February) semester and will take 2 – 2.5 years to complete. A total of 36 hours of course work.